DOUBLE HOUR OF POWER
- Nitzer Ebb - In Decline
- Cure - Burn
- Sky Cries Mary - Scapegoat
- Pop Will Eat Itself - Everything That Rises Must Converge
- Public Image Limited - Fishing
- The Metal Gurus - Ballroom Blitz
- Tom Jones - A Girl Like You
- The Wolfgang Press - A Girl Like You
- Love And Rockets - Mirror People '88
- Age of Chance - Kiss
- The Cult - Assault on Sanctuary
- Lloyd Cole - Morning is Broken
- Kendra Smith - Temporarily Lucy
- The Glee Club - Free To Believe
- Jane Siberry - Sail Across the Water
- Zoe - Sunshine on a Rainy Day
- The Bolshoi - A Way II
- Gary Numan - Seed of a Lie
- Into Paradise - Only One
- The Human League - Sound of the Crowd
- Flesh For Lulu - Stupid on the Street - Pearl's Song
- James - Honest Joe
- James - Assassin
- Utah Saints - Mortal Kombat
After taking a week off, I came back to KMLU ready to spin. I was on a schedule,
because as soon as my two-hour show eneded, I was headed to Pomona, CA, to watch Love &
Rockets end their North American tour (hence the inclusion of that fabulous track). I think
the first four songs set the mood, especially "Fishing," which remains one of my all-time
favorites. The Metal Gurus (the glam alter-ego of The Mission) was a fun track, as were the
Tom Jones/Wolfgang Press combo. I've wanted to slip that Age of Chance track in for a while,
so that was accomplished. The Cult remix allowed me to finish up the first hour on a nice
The second hour started off with the lovely Lloyd Cole track (which he didn't play live during
the "Love Story" tour) and led to a all-woman block. A couple of 4ad acts, followed by an
interesting Jane Siberry Track (as seen on Baywatch -- unfortunately) and the groovy Zoe. After
those, I pretty much went with my mood. I had to play the Bolshoi, and A Way II, though inferior
to the original, is always listenable. The Gary Numan track is off his excellent 1995 "Sacrifice -
The Extended Mixes." Don't let anyone tell you he isn't still at the top of his form. The
remaining tracks seemed to fit my mood at the time and I'll just plug the always-incredible James
and the great techno of "Mortal Kombat."
Check out the
ULTIMATE BAND LIST for other information!
Back to Shriekman's Double Hour of Power - Home.
As always, comments and suggestions to: Shriekman, the man himself.
ORIGINAL WORLD OF THE BOLSHOI ARCHIVE - HOME
ARCHIVE - HOME
WORLD OF THE BOLSHOI - HOME
TheBolshoi.co.uk designed and maintained by Greg Baerg (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Full Insite.
© 2005. These archive pages are © its respective owners and not used for commercial purposes.