DOUBLE HOUR OF POWER
- Ruby - Hoops
- Apothosis - O Fortuna
- My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Kooler Than Jesus
- Front 242 - Welcome To Paradise
- BiGod 20 - Carpe Diem
- Gravity Kills - Goodbye
- Curve - Horrorhead
- U2 - The Fly
- Elastica - Connection
- Adorable - Sunshine Smile
- Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Kill Your Remix
- Guns & Roses - Sympathy For the Devil
- Underworld - Born Slippy (Nuxx)
- KC & the Sunshine Band - Queen of Clubs
- Nicki French - Total Eclipse of the Heart
- Hubert Kah - Pogo the Clown
- Secession - Promise
- Celebrate the Nun - Patience
- Dead or Alive - Brand New Lover
- Adam Ant - Manners and Physique
- New Order - Fine Time
- Red Rockers - China
- The Wolfgang Press - Mama Told Me Not To Come
- The Bubblemen - The Bubblemen Are Coming
- Men Without Hats - Jenny Wore Black
- Enigma - Age Of Lonliness
- Shriekback - Cayenne Siesmen
This was the last broadcast of The Double Hour of Power for the Spring Semester and I planned to make it memorable.
I started out strong, then went campy. The first track was from Ruby's "Salt Peter" remix album. I dropped in a
few techno/industrial/dance tracks to get the mood going, and decided to end the first hour with Guns and Roses. I'm
not a huge fan, but I thought it fit the list for the day.
The second hour began with the delicious track "Born Slippy - Nuxx" by the excellent group Underworld. Buy their last two
lps at any costs! They are heavily promoted by former KXLU (and current KCRW/KROQ) DJ Jason Bentley.* The KC and French
song were campy, but were followed by some nice synth. I threw in the Wolfgang Press and Bubblemen (Love and Rockets)
because I can't let a week go by without something by them! I ended with a couple of my favorite bands, Men Without Hats and
Shriekback (I didn't bring any of The Bolshoi). That was it for the day -- and the semester. I'll be back in August/September!
*Since writing these comments (soon after the original broadcast),
Underworld has become quite popular, and "Born SLippy" was featured on
the Trainspotting soundtrack, and the video has been seen often
on MuchMusic and MTV. Also, the song was remixed and has gained heavy
airplay on 103.1 Groove Radio in Los Angeles. All success is deserved
for Underworld. Also, I was lucky enough to catch the band during the
Summer at the Organic Festival at Big Bear Mountain. The band is
Also, this turned out to be my last (as of now) broadcast. During the
Summer, KLMU was totally torn down during a renovation of the building
that houses it. As of this writing, it remains off the air. Someday it
might return, and hopefully Shriekman will as well...
Check out the
ULTIMATE BAND LIST for other information!
Back to Shriekman's Double Hour of Power - Home.
As always, comments and suggestions to: Shriekman, the man himself.
ORIGINAL WORLD OF THE BOLSHOI ARCHIVE - HOME
ARCHIVE - HOME
WORLD OF THE BOLSHOI - HOME
TheBolshoi.co.uk designed and maintained by Greg Baerg (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Full Insite.
© 2005. These archive pages are © its respective owners and not used for commercial purposes.